Origin of Cool: USA
What is a Dead Drop?
Started by Berlin based media artist Aram Bartholl, Dead Drops is an anonymous, offline, peer to peer file-sharing network in public space.
USB flash drives are embedded into walls, buildings and curbs around the world and everyone is invited to drop or find files on a dead drop.
Each dead drop is installed empty except a readme.txt file explaining the project. ‘Dead Drops’ is open to participation. If you want to install a dead drop in your city/neighborhood follow the ‘how to’ instructions and submit the location and pictures.
Spotted by Cool Connoisseur Paul Frade
- postcollegeblues likes this
- nebulah likes this
- patronsaintofbaddecisions likes this
- peartridge likes this
- christinaarr reblogged this from originofcool
- christinaarr likes this
- kudos-praze likes this
- arcadesx likes this
- hudsonohyeah reblogged this from originofcool
- nextstopmarz likes this
- mosbyspace likes this
- jaydekathryn likes this
- rekrapmot reblogged this from originofcool and added:
- milenniumtardis likes this
- walklikegiants likes this
- wishforwonderland likes this
- dpatty reblogged this from originofcool
- dpatty likes this
- aizenhyme likes this
- melina-in-wonderland reblogged this from takeshi-thoughts and added:
- takeshi-thoughts reblogged this from originofcool
- takeshi-thoughts likes this
- malyvang likes this
- hoperesideswithinthismess likes this
- parallelogasm likes this
- originofcool posted this